11-23-2020, 07:26 PM   #19
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf85 View Post
Thanks, I'm finding out some really useful knowledge here, unfortunately it keeps resulting in spending more £££ so the VIBE powerbox 65.04 4 channel amp will that only be driving the 2 underseat subs and front door speakers?

When I search for ICOM cables none of them mention they work with E series, only F series cars? I have the attached cable I already have which works with XHP and Carly etc, you dont think it will be capable to recode?

https://ibb.co/3k14VYT
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up as not everyone was successful, but I did the recode to HiFi from base audio with a Bimmergeeks K+DCAN. Took more than one try and I swear letting it fully go into sleep mode was the trick (ie. I left it overnight rather than messing with it 30 min later).

Regarding ICOM, you can always use ICOM to troubleshoot and read codes, INPA/ISTA+, it's what the dealer does. Overpriced for just doing those things though. ICOM is REQUIRED for ISTA-P because it gives you the most amount of fail-safes during programming.

Carly will not recode to HIFI, Bimmergeeks' ProTool app will not code to HiFi, IIRC. The main ones those two cater to are the simple stuff like lights check codeouts, folding mirrors, V=, etc. But there were a surprising amount of small things I found...there is a ProTool FB group, that I'd encourage you to find out and ask questions. They are surprisingly responsive there. I've actually seen people request programming and get it...no guarantees though.
Appreciate 0