Rep
Drives: E92 N51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
awesome man, what unit is it?
Mobius actioncam with fisheye lens

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1CHA3L View Post
Does there another dash camera fitting in that housing?

I am looking for a low cost cam
Not sure, I've only tried with my camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Shiftright View Post
I purchased a couple of the plastic BMW mirror housings to modify.

I'm looking at a camera called the INNOVV C3. http://www.innovv.com/

It's supposed to be designed for motorcycles, but might work in this application.

It looks like the cable to the lens can be extended even longer than the cable that is supplied with the camera. I'd like to mount the recorder in a readily accessible location, perhaps inside the console armrest storage compartment.

Yes, that would work pretty well. One thing to note is that with my camera (which seems to be based on the same design as this one) have user reports on poor signal quality with lens extension. I'm not sure about this one just heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Very clean, nice install!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1saster View Post
Weird. I had to glue ledges on both sides to hold the housing. They snug between the windshield and the rain sensor. Without those it was loose and impossible to stay in place.

Now I'm looking for a way to have the buttons accessible through the housing. The problem I'm seeing is that the buttons are on the same side as the chip which will become hot and would melt the housing. I am thinking with longer buttons from an old TV remote or something like that.
You could use the original buttons which pop right out of the camera casing and simply extend the buttons. I was thinking of drilling holes and doing the same but haven't gotten to it. So far, I haven't had the need to even access the camera. Simply reading from the glovebox using an ipad has been suffice since I've coded the camera to record with motion detection if power is supplied.
Appreciate 0