Julesandtrish
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d

Garage List
2010 BMW 335D  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecotuneuk View Post
On the 335d the ecu requires to be opened however, we have developed an opening jig which leaves zero marks on the ecu casing... you should see some attempts I have seen from others at opening and ecu's getting broken on brand new cars See below an ecu I have opened on a 335d...

We have some dealers in the UK, Europe and Norway who are proficient at completing this work now... with a little practice and the right tools it's fairly easy.

I would be happy to appoint a dealer in the USA however, they would need to be an established and well organised workshop with a well earned reputation for excellent customer service and a good knowledge of diagnostic work. An employee there will require excellent skills with regards to soldering and PCB work...

The engine management system in the USA version is 95% identical to the latest 335d here in Europe, even the software versions are almost exactly the same with the exception of urea injection maps. As this is a limiter based ecu the microprocessor makes adaptions based on our set limiters and the feedback from sensors such as EGT, MAF, MAP, Lambda, IAT, Barometric Pressure, Humidity, ambient temp... etc etc... the feedback from our USA customers has been terrific.
I have the perfect dealer for you (in the southeast US at least). GMP performance. They meet or exceed all of the qualifications you list. They work on tons of cars (mostly exotics and european) and have been in business since the 70's. I have used them numerous times. Check me out here gmpperformance.com