View Single Post
      08-14-2017, 10:48 PM   #97
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 & E90 WTCC Widebody Racecar

Garage List
Paid another visit to the shop today. Seeing the way tubing is bent to fit... it's artwork. There are a number of spots in the car where the tubing runs directly along the structure of the car, that allowed us to weld the cage directly to the body of the car; increasing rigidity while avoiding the need to add weight from gussets. Seriously impressive work.

The plan is to have the cage done done in the next few days, then paint it, then install all wiring. From there, it'll be a few days to install the widebody, and another week (??) installing MCS suspension, CSF radiator and a bunch of other miscellaneous odds and ends (fire suppression, door pulls, new serp belt/pulleys, mounting new buttons/kill switches, mounting race seats, etc.) I'll say right now that I've never been a part of a build that is this extensive. It gives you a massive amount of appreciation for the level of skill and time required to undertake this project. Couldn't be more excited to watch this come together.

Here's a dump of photos I shot tonight... let me know if you guys have any questions.

Passenger side

Look at the bracing in the roof. Serious roll protection.

Drivers side

Rear Passenger

Last edited by sirdaft1; 08-14-2017 at 10:55 PM..
Appreciate 0