Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan4081 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-323i View Post
And here I am saying a bit of the opposite... the units are plagued with low voltage outputs, and distortion anywhere near the top 1/3 of the volume band...
Feeding my JL amps, Audio System 3-way, plus JL sub, it just didn't compare to the results I could get when I switched back to my 10-year old Pioneer.

Even with gains set well, it doesn't get loud until you crank it up, at which point distortion comes early. Plus more noise issues due to low voltage RCA.

It's a shame, I really wanted to like it and keep it... my 10 year old Pioneer definitely feels old and dated... but I just couldn't live with the results knowing how much potential I was giving up.
Sorry you had such bad luck but a decent line driver or a processor like the Rockford 360 I used would have taken care of the low voltage.

BTW, the Eonon I had replaced an Alpine single din that did its job but always looked out of place in the E46 dash, on top of not having things like GPS or the ability to use Poweramp or other apps.
Quality files on SD card or USB played using Poweramp on the Eonon sounded fantastic.
I actually tried to boost the voltage, but it introduced too much noise in the system.

Luckily my old 10-yr old Pioneer double din does support Navi, BT audio/phone, SD, etc..... though it still doesn't look quite as nice as the eonon did.

Not as relevant I suppose, but I'm also skeptical of the longevity of these units, given most low cost android devices don't last quite long.

Time will tell.
Glad it worked out for you! I know a few others that reverted away from the eonon for some reason or other (including failed units after a few months).