Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Very cool. Thanks E90SLAM!

Would you know how the design and FIA verification process works? Can teams submit sketches and specifications before implementing new innovations and designs or do they need to build a complete car before they can have a new design inspected and cleared?

I do understand that the final product always need to be cleared but I'm curious if they can bounce ideas of FIA earlier to get a No and not waste time and money if that's the case?
I don't know the details. But currently the FIA is not checking the legality of the cars at all. Even the RB10 tested in Jerez did not meet regulation. Since they didn't have the mandatory camera mount. I believe the scrutinizing of the cars will be performed on Thursday before the Australian GP.

Last time during the DDD, I heard interview from Ross Brawn; as well as an interview last season with Jo Bauer (FIA technical delegate) and Charlie Whiting . Teams can present their design (to some extend only of course, only brief concept and loose sketches) to the FIA and ask for legality review.