View Single Post
      06-04-2019, 09:16 AM   #187
miguelwmb
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330 xi E-90 engine

Frequently I take the time to tell friends and family to always set up a maintenance account to pay for repairs or regular maintenance. All European vehicles cost much to repair and maintain. If you bought a BMW thru a financial institution and the car's warranty expires you are setting yourself up for a pinch. Please get the warranty insurance. It is worth every penny. I own a 06 330xi that sits in my garage collecting dust. Both DISA valves had to be replaced. All the coils(of which are no longer available you must rewire and buy an adapter). Spark plugs, valve cover gasket, and two sensors for the variable timing. It runs but sounds like a blown engine, at the tune of $1700.00 in parts, $150 for towing, $500.00 in labor and in the garage it sits. The dealer in my county doesn't know how to fix it but they do know how to rack up a bill. Don't rely on youtube vids. You're better off buying a book for your car and experiment yourself. Beautiful cars beautiful bills and they look great sitting in your garage when you can't afford to fix it. Buy insurance for unexpected repairs. You will be glad you did. Not having a car will alter your life in a very unpleasant way. BUY MAINTENANCE INSURANCE.
Appreciate 0