01-23-2024, 12:35 PM   #15
tylerhart_21
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 328i Coupe

Garage List
2008 Bmw 328i  [0.00]
After reading the thread, from my understanding it’s not necessary to do all the aero bits on a normal street car. But at higher speeds having more rear downforce will help with stability but too much creates drag. I haven’t looked into the videos or got one of the books, but Newman prefers having a balance (between front and back) and having the lift close to 0 or 0. With all that said having the underbody aero seems to be more helpful with the hope of keeping the look while having less lift and hopefully reducing the possibility of drag. Looking at Porsche it seems that they use some hidden aero bits on the gt cars. I have been looking to see if I could recreate the same diffuser below (from 991.1 gt3). The problem I see is the muffler and placement as noted above, to makes a smooth transition. I thought about using a Tesla model X undertray for the rear diffuser since it’s cheaper than the gt3 one. I added some photos I took of the Garage 42 racecar and it’s aero if anyone is curious.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0