Thread: Vacuum line?
View Single Post
      12-12-2018, 10:33 AM   #4
cocogirl
Rep
Drives: e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
I don't see anything similar on my 2007 328xi E91. I certainly do NOT think it is a vacuum line. Only vacuum line I know of in that area is the hard, larger diameter, smooth (NOT corrugated) black plastic tube that runs forward from the brake booster at the firewall to the Vacuum Pump located under the OFH (Oil Filter Housing). What you show/ circle in your top photo is flat (between the corrugated "Loom" segments), and if that were the booster vacuum hose being sucked flat by the pump, you would have NO power brake assist.

It looks like a wiring harness Loom to me, and your bottom photo appears to show it joining other wiring at the left fender gutter, beside the Left Strut Housing, so it MUST be a wiring harness/Loom.

As for the fluid, you have P/S fluid in the reservoir shown in the top photo, and CHF-11S is relatively clear. It looks as though the reservoir has been wiped below the cap on the side toward the harness. The brake reservoir and lines are NOT within a foot or more of that area on mine. Simply Condensate/ water perhaps? I would watch fluid level in P/S reservoir and use a paper towel to wipe any liquid off the harness, checking the paper towel for any color or odor.

Please let us know what you find,
George
It is not wiring for sure. I was clean the area and the tube come off. It also has some air escape noise. My brake is fine. That's why I have no cue what that is. Also my P/S reservoir is dry outside and no sign of leaking.

Last edited by cocogirl; 12-12-2018 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 0