United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i & E60 550i

Garage List
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orb View Post
Okay, it is installed correctly. This is not a fatigue problem at all.

The only circumstance that will cause this type of failure is when you don’t have enough travel in the roll bar linkage. When you lower the car the possible rotation travel of the linkage is reduced. The KW are shorted struts so when lowered they allow much more travel than the stock system could ever see.

What has most likely happen here is that your car has been lower at 1.25” or more? The available rotational travel of the link hit at top dead center just like piston in it rotation which bind the roll bar links. The result of the binding is what you have shown.

You will need to check the kinematics of the system to see if there is problem first had. This involves removing the spring, bump stop and disconnecting one side of the roll bar links. You will need to push the whole suspension upwards while monitoring the roll bar link rotations. You should be looking for the available sweep of the roll bar link at full bottom out of the suspension. I suspect you will run out of travel.

The OEM bars are identical to the H&R bars in fit and form from what I measured. The comment of the happening because stiffer bar that is only rate 150 lb/in more than the OEM is BS and I would challenge them to explain this in some detail . At that point you should her some silence on the phone. There may be a problem if KW allows so much lowering that the affect the sway bar linkage travel. I think this should be looked at by KW directly

This is correctable with adjustable roll bar links from Turner Motorsport….get the good one with aluminum end bearings.

Orb
thanks for the info. my car was previously lowered almost 1.5in from the maximum height setting on the KW's. Now it is only about .75in. I have had the tabs break in both instances.

The noise i am getting has gotten so frequent and loud. It makes noise over almost any bump. It is quite embarrassing to even drive my car now. This is such a frustrating situation.
Pure S2 Turbos | Vargas Outlets | RB Inlets | OEM SS Kit & Performance Steering Wheel| LCI Rear Conversion | Euro Xenons | RD Sport Quad Exhaust | Spearco Intercooler | Cobb V3 | MORR VS7 | KW V3 | H&R Sways | Mtech Bodykit | Vorsteiner CF Hood, CSL Trunk & Front Lip | Quaife LSD | Rotora BBK | GruppeM Intake | Forge UK DV | AR Design Catted DP's
Appreciate 0