05-03-2016, 12:39 PM   #104
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
have you considered getting yours repaired for $250 USD? The only difference is downtime, but you could overnight it there, and pay for overnight back, to minimize....imho it's money better spent than on a used one which will have the issue anyway eventually. As I understand it, it's a design flaw, corrected by the repair.

edit: nevermind I see you didn't have the classic 5DF0 and 5DF1 to being with....
Thanks, that's what I would have done, had it been my pump/module. Before fixing, every time I restarted the car and drove off, they would stay off until about 20 MPH, but then come on consistently.

After replacing the wheel sensor, I drove the car for a bit, and the lights stayed off, so I got really excited that I'd fixed it for good. I only drove it around the block up to 40 MPH though.

Then I got on the highway, and they came back on... This has happened now like 5 times at least over a few days. They stay off until about 40 - 50 MPH or so consistently, so the sensor must have been the fault I'm thinking, since it's much better than before. But why it keeps happening at highway speeds, is beyond me.

I was hoping it would have cleared itself after multiple restarts (I never cleared codes or anything after the install of the new sensor), but it doesn't seem to be the case, so now I'm totally puzzled WTF it could be.
Appreciate 0