03-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #1755
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
You're lucky....I've been trying to find ways to just make a few bucks on top of my weekly paycheck but haven't had any luck. Debating on getting a second job at my liquor store or something lol. Was trying to sell some "collectibles" I have lying around like pokemon cards, beenie babies, goosebump books, all kinds of random stuff from my childhood I wish I could make money off of. Just in a FTL situation with money right now; wanna do all this crap to the car and can't
I am very thankful for the things that I have been able to do!

I worked at a liquor store as a second job right out of college for extra cash. It was great because there were only a few busy times and I could get other things done while I was there for my other job. Actually put away a lot of money from there for starting my business. When you don't "need" the extra money for anything besides "fun stuff" it's a hell of a lot easier than when you are forced to get a second job. I worked as a bartender in a small town on some of the weekends too, the tips weren't great, but you always had good stories and we were never busy enough that I was stressed out. Working a low stress and "unnecessary" job as a second is nice, because if things aren't going your way, you leave. Had a buddy who worked at a grocery store stocking shelves at night for some extra cash.
Appreciate 0