arkie6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Brake, DSC, ABS, tire pressure yellow warning lights

I have a 2008 335i that I parked outside for about 3 weeks recently. Upon starting the car on a pretty cold day to move it into my shop to do some work on it, it barely turned over, but it did start and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. I had yellow warning lights for brake, DSC, ABS, and tire pressure in yellow. My time and date reset to zero also.

I moved the car into the shop to do some long overdue maintenance and put the battery on the charger. The battery was replaced a year or so ago and recharged fine. During the maintenance I had to remove the battery negative cable for extended time periods. Anyway, after I finished up with the maintenance, the yellow warning lights persist. Battery voltage is normal at ~12.6 volts engine off, ~14.5 volts with engine running. I found a youtube video showing that for these warning lights being triggered by a low battery you just need to rotate the steering wheel full left, then full right with the engine running to recalibrate the steering angle sensor. I've done this multiple times and driven the car at least 20 miles with no effect on the warning lights.

Also, my cruise control is non-functional and when I try to reset my tire pressure system it says it is inactive.

My headlights do track with the steering wheel position and my turn signals cancel after completing a turn, so the car is getting input from the steering angle sensor.

Also, I had my wheels off and visually inspected all of the cables and sensors for the ABS system at the wheels and everything appears to be intact and in good condition. Based on the coincidence of these warning lights coming on with the low battery condition, I have to believe it is related to that, but I can't figure out how to reset them.

Is there something I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated.

I do have an OBDII to USB BMW DCAN cable on order and hope to get the cable and BMW tools software up and running in the next week or so and I believe that I can pull any stored codes for the ABS system with that to figure out what is causing this issue.
Appreciate 0