View Single Post
      08-26-2020, 03:44 PM   #163
gbastow
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

a) Had a SES light on my dash and took it into BMW Escondido and they diagnosed as faulty O2 sensors. Car is 2011 328i

b) was originally going to be somewhere around 1,500 but with SULEV not a dime.

c) SULEV covered it all.

d) My story, I had an SES light that was on and off for the last few months. I decided to take into the dealership knowing my car was SULEV and the warranty should cover it. I dropped my car off for diagnostics testing and a few hours later the dealership called me back and said it appeared that the O2 sensors were faulty but they were not covered WTF???!!! After I received this call I printed out the warranty stating that the sensors were covered and took this evidence to the dealership. They kept my printed out warranty and said they would call me back tomorrow because they would have to run it by their warranty person in the morning. I received a call the day after stating that the sensors were replaced under warranty. I am not sure why they would think the sensors would not be replaced considering they are one of the main parts of the emission system. I would like to thank Leslie731 I brought in a copy of their post on here and how Irvine took care of their problem hassle free.

e) no I did not contact BMW NA.

here is a link to the warranty I found online, page 13 clearly states sensors are covered:

http://www.e92n55.com/wp-content/upl...o-20160205.pdf

Last edited by gbastow; 08-26-2020 at 04:51 PM..
Appreciate 0