View Single Post
      09-23-2020, 08:30 PM   #4
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi (GM-delete 6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrydr310 View Post
I can't answer your question but I feel your pain. I fiddled with my mirrors for two hours with drilling, spraying lubricant, tapping, trying the reset procedure. Eventually I got my passenger side mirror to work perfectly but the drivers side is just 1/4" past where it should be stopping, though it's solid and I can easily get the mirror glass adjusted so I can see behind me. I'm afraid to touch it again.

I'm looking forward to the responses. I checked two cars at the junkyard with folding mirrors and they were also not working properly.
That sucks :-(. I hate cutting wires which is why I didn’t do it, but now I regret it. I drilled the ever-living christ out of mine and no luck. All the DIY’s I found are so vague on details/photos. I drilled until I found a spring, but nothing underneath the spring moved at all. I thought there was supposed to be a pin or something... Maybe mine was just that seized?? Anyway, frustrated is an understatement.

The only DIY I found that looks like a proper fix involves welding, sooo....

I might go check out a generic parts yard where the assembly will cost me $30 instead of the laughable $250 I was quoted today.

tlow98 Thanks for the suggestion of car-part. I’ve used in the past with success so I’ll check it out again.