03-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #265
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel b View Post
Stop Putting All These Pictures!!!!!

I am drooling behind my desk and completely distracted! I am really curious what the final 2 solutions are and what the prices are.

I guess upgraded turbo's only make sense with reprog / piggy bag and will not bring much on a 335 with Powerkit and FMIC only? (standard DP etc)

Would a dealer see the difference between a standard and a stage 1 turbo when you bring in the car for maintenance?

Prices will be forthcoming in a few days I'd imagine.

Stage 1 makes sense with even a normal flash tune or piggy back - it is more efficient and allows the engine to develop more power at the same boost levels.

The Stage 2 variants really need a custom remap or piggyback, and also hi-flow downpipes to make the most of the increase in turbo performance. The boost pressures the Stage 2 will be able to run are considerably higher than the stock turbos, and you need to balance the flow by reducing back pressure as much as possible (ie going to catless downpipes)

A dealer won't be able to tell the difference between a normal turbo, a Stage 1 turbo, or even a Stage 2 turbo!! All the changes are internal with no external visible identifying marks suggesting there have been wholesale changes!
Appreciate 0