View Single Post
      01-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Great post and video I can understand the OP since I too love and still do to work on our e28 from 1987. Thanks for sharing

We still have our 1987 e28 535is, way back in 1987 I would have loved to get the M5, however, it was a bit out of my price range at the time. I hope to talk my daughter in to give the car back to me (I may get her to do it if I find the right toy like a Z4 to make the exchange) The e28 holds a lot of good memories both for me and my daughter.

The 535is was sold exclusively in the U.S. and Canada. the car has a straight-6 with a sport suspension and interior and exterior modifications. The 535is was available from 1987 to 1988. It incorporated M5 styling cues: front air-dam, rear spoiler, and sport seats. The car is comprehensively equipped. Power windows, central locking, air conditioning, power sunroof, cruise control, alloy wheels and fog lights were standard. In addition the car has leather upholstery (slightly worn on the driver side now with approaching 500K miles) and on-board trip computer.

In the 25 years of use, she had normal maintenance, 2 new clutches a few brake jobs, new springs and a few years back someone keyed the car all around requiring a complete paint job. I also replaced the front and rear bumpers delivered from Germany. The paint job was not the best since both front fenders needed to be replaced last year.

We stil love that car

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 01-24-2013 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: added some maintenance history.
Appreciate 0