View Single Post
      06-08-2018, 01:37 PM   #872
callmetofo
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i e92

My car came with PDC from factory, just confirmed with a vin decoder.

If my car came with pdc Does that mean the PDC module still needs to be plugged in still?

Or

If everything is wired correctly, but the screen does not respond (stays on radio/menu) when put into reverse, is that a coding issue or a emulator issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray335i View Post
pdc is required to send can signal to cic to switch to rear view screen + pdc.
if you are getting pdc malfunction that means your pdc sensors are faulty or disconnected.
when i did this retrofit on my 6MT, i bought rear pdc module from ebay for $30, did a custom wiring from pdc to cic but as soon as i put in reverse i was getting pdc malfunction. bought a set of 4 pdc sensors from ebay for $30 (brand new aftermarket) . once i connected them to pdc, error went away and my rear view camera is working.
i didnt drill holes in my bumper for sensors so i just left them all tucked by the battery until i have time to properly mount them into bumper.

Once again for all with 6Mt without pdc, this will not work because can bus signal to trigger pdc rear view is coming from pdc back to cic.= shift selector in reverse = can bus message to pdc = pdc tells cic to switch screen to pdc/rear view.

Last edited by callmetofo; 06-08-2018 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: Additional
Appreciate 0