04-13-2018, 06:32 PM   #21
Blackjacks
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap485 View Post
My good is 750-800hp.

The shop used factory compression 10.2:1.

The studs are the biggest obstacle on the project. The shop contact Raceware and ARP. Raceware said we are not doing it. ARP give us the ok but they asked for a ridiculous amount of money for it. So, I’m stuck with the factory studs. Anyhow, TPG ran their S55 build motor with factory studs without issues when they set the S55 world record.

Now on the torque converter. Drivability is my concern too, specially at cruising speed. I’ll report back on this when I get my car back. We will see the results soon.
O.k perfect, great information thank you!!

The shop I was at is running into the same problem with a customers car who's shooting for 1,000+. Put the engine down, and lifting the heads up.

With the price of these cars and their engines dropping down so fast, it sounds like it's time for a call to ARP and seeing what it would cost to get them to produce something.

I had an 04 GTO before my BMW with a large cam and converter, it was tuned perfectly and I had zero drivability problems when people told me it would never work. Rarely if at all surged, and was a monster at the dragstrip!

Do you know if you can tune these auto's and lock up speeds?
Appreciate 0