10-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #18
boom
My X5d tows my spec miata to the track.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by utfenix335i View Post
If I go quad pipe, I'm cutting my rear bumper like you did, Jason. It looks clean.
Thanks. I'm so happy with how it turned out. I really have to give credit to the Benchmade guys. They knew what they were doing and it shows. One of the owners showed me pix of a 535i that they did a quad exhaust for and cut his bumper - realize that that is a single exit. Looked flawless. I was sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertt View Post
beautiful exhaust. did they end up using a template to cut out the bumper holes?
I brought a template made in powerpoint based on the stock opening. It was completely symmetrical. They sort of put it up there and eyeballed it and drew it with a sharpie. That's about it. In talking to them it is abundantly clear that they understand symmetry and anal retentive BMW owners. They're the same way. Anything less than perfect isn't going to work and that's from their standpoint. Sounds like I'm beating a dead horse here but I was literally nervous and anxious about the whole thing and by the time we were done I was relaxed and confident and just hanging out. Those guys get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
looks fantastic, SS is the way to go.
Thanks Matt. I'm just sad that I didn't have it before the track day. I was so anxious about it that I couldn't relax and watch the drag racing. Nice traps BTW.
Appreciate 0