View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 09:49 AM   #46
srbarnes4ever
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i E90 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Yes, might be right, but open diff is easier and from the same reason safer to drive regardless of traction control on or off. If one has issues with one tire spin in wet corner they will be 180* and going backwards toward oncoming traffic and no, engine torque won't be the reason or poor tire choice, it will be driver skill level, and what I have learn driving hard and tracking a car with open diff is less demanding than LSD equipped car. I agree, benefits are there, but if you can't (you don't know how to) utilize them is absolutely useless and pointless to have LSD. I work on cars and installed mine myself. It cost me about $1300 all in and honestly have small regret as I realized that: #1 my driving skill isn't there to explore the limits of LSD on track in primarily daily driver car and #2 don't notice any difference on the street since I go to track to drive aggressively.
Most of what you said is counter to everything I've read on LSD vs non.....but I understand we all have different experiences. Appreciate the feedback.
Appreciate 0