View Single Post
      05-31-2017, 03:52 AM   #25
drhousedk
Private First Class
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 10/2012 F31 330d

It's not the abs / dsc interfering. I've tracked my car plenty to know what that feels (and sounds!) like. It's a mechanical "defect" of sorts, there's no doubt about it.

I have used ISTA/D, and everything is okay (except for some glow plug errors in the DDE, but that's pretty much defacto standard on the diesels...) and the JBBE which I haven't made aware of my S609A retrofit (NBT navigation).

The hubs (wheel bearing / hub assembly) also got replaced now, just to make sure they are spotless.

Double checked every joint, every bushing. Actually, everything on the front are new now (calipers also got "rebuilt"), except for steering rack, inner and outer tie rods and stabilizer bar bushings. I've checked these thoroughly, both with un- and loaded suspension, there is no slack what so ever. Used a breaker bar amongst other tools, so it's not like I didn't get rough to check it... :-)

Steering wheel linkages are all fine - checked them thoroughly (two man job). But as the actual wheel and the steering wheel has a synced "wobble", it seems like they are properly connected. :P

I haven't tried braking in a bend. If I can't catch what it is before then, I have an upcoming trackday I can use for diagnosis.
Appreciate 0