View Single Post
      04-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #570
330ivert
Rep
Drives: e93 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Tool View Post
I picked up an 07 e92 335i a couple weeks ago, my mechanic who works for BMW looked at the car and informed my NSR alloy has a crack in it. Its not leaking air pressure at the moment, but the crack could get big enough to leak pressure at any moment.

I called Stephen James in Enfield, they told me a run-out test would be performed at a cost of £106 and I would have to pay for that. Then a good will gesture would be submitted to BMW UK. If its accepted then they will change the alloy, if not I will still have a cracked alloy and be £106 out of pocket.

Had to deal with BMW goodwill gestures in the past when the subframe collapsed on my E46 328ci...they gave me the run around then but fixed it in the end.

Wish me luck!
stephen james quoted me £106 as well !!!! when i informed them that sytner chigwell would do it for £25 or £30 cant remember exactly now but thats a huge difference i was only checking with them as they are closer to me they abruptly said well thats what we charge, as you can imagine the car went to sytner and i had two rear wheels replaced one was replaced easy enough the other took some shouting at their customer services but was eventually changed as well

how can BMW justify two dealerships charging completely different prices for the same (inaccurate test). DISGUSTING
Appreciate 0