View Single Post
      05-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #183
Jonjt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevRyd View Post
Get yourself into a 335i Msport with the 19" staggered setup and tell me about the steering. There may be a little more body roll on the F30 but this car can handle and it has good feel. I would not call it light at all. I drove the previous 3 and I prefer the F30. I know it's tough for people to accept a new version of the 3 and will come up with all sorts of excuses to hate the car. but if you look at the total package you will see that the F30 is a good proposition. If you want the all-out sport car version then get the M

Kevin
Meh, I don't think the F30 M-sports have nimble steering, It's accurate, surely, but it's not transparent. There's nothing there, so to speak. You just point and it goes, you have to trust that the car will be able to do what you ask, because you can't feel a damned thing though the steering wheel.

I much prefer the E92's steering feel but, that is not to say that it provides ton's more feedback. It doesn't. The E92's steering feel is dominated by it's weighty, tight character, with a few trimmings of feedback when at or near the limit. I feel more of what's happening at the contact patch through my seat than I do through my hands, honestly. The older BMWs were much better than the E9xs, in this regard.

Having said that, I'm sticking with the E9x BMWs for the forseable future. I just prefer almost everything about them. The interior is of higher quality (something that does not reflect well upon the F30s, because the E9xs interiors aren't that great), the build is better, I think the DESIGN is better, the exterior is more attractive, and the cars drive better. Hopefully, I can pick up a 2011+ M3 in the next year. That would be sublime.
Appreciate 0