M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive manual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleann55 View Post
Im on ISO firmware according to terry its no longer a bypass map which is why im paranoid. Normally i dont care i tell jmk straight up dont hook up any computer into my car. But thats for normal service like oil change etc. But for something like this idk
You can still put it on map 0 when you get to the dealer. I read somewhere that map 0 can cause some fuel oscillation if driven hard but I have actually driven on map 0 for a whole day (forgot to switch it after I did some coding on my car) and it was perfectly fine. My appointment is coming up in a couple weeks and i'm debating on leaving it in there. My warranty has expired anyways so I don't care if they see it.

The only reason why I would potentially take it off is because I don't want some mechanic messing up my jb4 wiring or not plugging something back in, etc. I'm not sure what all gets taken off in order for them to get to the bolts but if they touch anything related to the jb4 and then plug the stock sensor back in or something like that, that could cause an issue.
Appreciate 0