View Single Post
      07-13-2018, 07:37 PM   #2
Certified Amateur
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Erratically

Myself (and a number of others on this board) ship cars all the time using a website/service called Central Dispatch. CD is not for human beings who buy a car here or there on eBay or bring a trailer or even e90post. CD is for dealerships and commercial enterprises. It's a subscription based service that we pay dearly for monthly subscription.

Central Dispatch is a clearinghouse for automotive carriers and those who use their services commercially. You will typically list a vehicle available for transport and be contacted within a day or two by a carrier either asking for the load or for more money. You agree on dates of service and then assign via the webform to the carrier.

Carriers are required to carry DOT Licensing and insurance to perform such services, but from time to time, accidents happen. The carrier is responsible, but in exchange for a much better $ than a uship. com or similar service, it's up to you to work with the carrier and their insurance carrier to work out any issues. For reference, I've shipped no fewer than 200 cars and have lost 1 (paid by carrier's insurance company) and damaged 1 (no big deal, replaced a bumper cover, I just ate the $.)

Current results on CD for generic pick-up and delivery door to door show a range in price of $1000 to $1200. Feel free to reach out by PM or whatever.
DT
Appreciate 0