View Single Post
      08-06-2014, 12:38 AM   #54
Brandon08_328
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metblack328i View Post
@Brandon08_328, where did you buy the camera from? and what is that trunk_open switch for?
@Metblack328i I got the camera on Ebay from the seller all-lights2009. I tapped the green light into the reverse light power (Black wire with blue stripe ON MY CAR) and the ground got tapped into the ground for the rear lights (Brown wire ON MY CAR). The yellow wire was connected to the yellow wire coming from the head unit, then into an inline 15a fuse, then to the battery. Works great!

I'm all installed now! Took some time to get everything ran; mic, GPS, reverse camera add on. But so far so good! It was a long install time for me as I don't have much experience installing radios, but its pretty straight forward. Just take your time and relax, try not to get to worked up if something is being a pain, i was about to rip my overhead console out of the damn car lol, but took a breather and got back at it. I've got my phone synced with all my contacts and it plays music (Pandora & files). I didn't run the USB as i haven't decided if I'm gonna go with an Ipod yet and i didn't see how to run an AUX cable but today's main focus was getting it in the car and working, those can both be added later. As for now I'm gonna try and find the link to the update to switch everything into Standard and figure out how to take the climate control display off the screen and call it a night!
Appreciate 0