12-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #642
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Since this is the place to ask questions... and answers magically appear...

Now that my car is parked till March, and there is no power outlet close enough to power a small battery trickle charger/tender, would a power pack of some kind be a solution to get electricity to my car?

Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
I pull my battery from the car and keep in the house on a rubber mat while attached to my battery tender. When the HP spirits call to me and the roads are dry, I bolt her back in and rip tear through Rigaud, Vaudreuil and Dorion boonies.
you can disconnect battery if you have no power source readily available near your car. it will not screw up your electronics. you might lose some settings like your radio presets, etc but no biggie...

even with battery disconnected, the battery will still drain slightly but it should be enough to start your car in the spring. so no need to take it out of the car if you dont want to. if you have car troubles starting your car in march, i have a charger with a very very long extension cord that can charge your battery up to in a couple of mins. i'll let you borrow it when you are ready to move the car in the spring.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0