View Single Post
      09-11-2015, 07:55 AM   #1376
coggs3770
Registered
Rep
Drives: Rover 75

Thought I'd relay my experience with Big MW. Being as I live only 5 miles away from the West Malling site, thought I'd find out for myself. I found 3 cars on Autotrader (F20 120d) that I was interested in and turned up without pre-warning - all were in stock and I had a good look round them. I then made an appointment to go back for a test drive of my preferred model with my wife 3 days later. On arrival the salesman was with another customer but popped over to give my wife some old flannel which did not impress! He finally appeared some 40 mins later and took another 20 mins to find the key and get the car out for me to drive. The test drive consisted of 5 mins up the road and 5 mins back! Apparently the best they can do as they are so busy, but useless for me as I hadn't driven a 1 series. He then insisted on valuing my car even though I told him that it wasn't worth anything and I didn't need to trade in. This took another 20 mins before he came back and told me it wasn't worth anything!! Finally he put a piece of paper in front of me that had a total of £15K at the bottom - this for a car with a screen price of £12.5K wtf! £2.5K of warranty, admin fee (£150!!) and protection treatment that I had already said I wasn't interested in! Told the salesman that I wanted a discount on the screen price and was told that they weren't making any money on the car (yawn) and only the owner of the company could decide that as he priced all the cars! At this point we had wasted enough time and decided to leave - salesman's parting remark was 'if you raise the extra money give me a call' cheeky git!
Two days later the price was dropped by £500 but they haven't called me which leads me to think they are only interested if you want the all the added extras. Not worth the fuss over a car which had absolutely no extras except metallic paint which was badly stone chipped despite only 30K miles!
Appreciate 0