10-29-2006, 12:14 PM   #90
msinfo_us
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335Xi ZSP, ZCW, PDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ages944
I'd agree. Listen to the audio clip. However, if the N54 uses the same valve lifters as the N52 does, then it seems logical that his car could tick too.

msinfo_us:
wow, I didn't realize that your car's been looked at 3x already. Crikey! If it were me, I would be talking lemon law at this point. Still, you can't really get mad at the dealership. From everything I've heard and read about this issue, it sounds like the problem is that the company that makes these parts (ie valve lifters) for BMW is not making them to specification, or that they are not building them with enough quality to hold specification for any length of time. Hopefully the reports of BMW changing its supplier for these parts is true, and that our engines stay noise free.
I would not say I am mad at the dealership -- I do understand that they are not the ones who made the bad parts and they are courteous and trying to help. I was a little bit tipped off when they were trying to give me back my car un-repaired just because while in their shop ticking noise disappeared on its own -- problem is still there and they know it. As far as the lemon law goes it might come to that but I hope not. Other than ticking noise (well actually rattling noise and some problems with panoramic roof that should be fixed at this point) I love the car and already put some $$ into HuperOptic tint and 3M clear bra. On another hand my experience with this car is somewhat mixed -- I LOVE driving it but in 6 month I have the car it spent month and half at the dealer. So, I really don't know. I really hope they can fix it for good and I can just leave all bad experience in the past and enjoy my ride for years until it is time to buy next BMW with 0-60 in under 3 second at the rate they are engineering this beasts.
Appreciate 0