Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335D 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persian Whisperjet
I'm a big fan of Waze but I'm a little timid to do 100 -- in Virginia reckless driving is anything over 80 (!) or 20 MPH over the posted speed limit. The Nationals' Jason Werth got 10 days (after going to court) for hitting 105 on an exit ramp in his GT-3. At least he has a GT-3 right?
In CA they all seem to go about 10 mph faster than me, and I am going about 2-3 mph over the limit (actual not speedo). IMO you're asking for trouble if the differential over the average speed is too great. Don't stand out from the crowd. I try to be very selective about where I put the hammer down.
Amen...I am fortunate to live in a large state with a lot of wide open Freeways. I try to be careful and not behave like an a-hole given that BMW drivers aren't the most popular folks on the street. I also make damn sure my tires are in good shape and properly inflated. I am amazed by how infrequently folks check tire pressure. Finally I didn't put a water meth system in for my health...I use the damn thing, safely, but often thanks to Waze.
Appreciate 0