Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: E90 2009

Garage List
2009 BMW E90  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon-vt View Post
Interesting. I did a fair ammount of research and did not find anything to suggest this so I failed in that regard. So my money was truly wasted. Good to know . I will say that I made it pretty clear to bimmer-tech that I was mainly interested in the text message feature with my android phone and they were happy to take my money without pointing out I did not need the FSC. Oh well.

I don't have connected drive as i Have C1A, and did not want to pay for the apps as i don't use it any way..

So this is what i did. Connect phone (pair), in settings on the phone for bluetooth device connected, for your car select all available options, i.e. Phone audio, audio, contacts sharing, message sharing etc (mine is a xperia z3). Next you go to telephone on the main menu of Idrive, select bluetooth (should be at the bottom) then select Telephone, Office, and audio i think.. not sure i'll check in a bit as i'm heading to the garage right now..

Edit: Just came back... So you have to select Configure phone, select Telephone, Office, and audio, then configure bluetooth, then you have to select everything.. Then reset: after that under telephone you should have an option called Messages..

try it out and let me know how it goes..

Last edited by kaputme; 08-19-2016 at 01:57 PM..
Appreciate 0