blaupunkt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spman montego

Garage List
2008 x5  [0.00]
1972 R75/5  [0.00]
2008 335xi  [0.00]
E92fan...Its time for one of the "original six" to chime in and give my 2c...I am thrilled that BMW on the other side of the pond looks serve you Beluga caviar with your service visits. As us on this side of the pond cant even get our SM's to piss on us when we are on fire. If your problem is solved and you are happy, more power to you and I thank you for all the info, but, as been said a few posts ago and I tend to agree, I find it troubling that your BMW dealer practically gave you a whole new car in parts and we cant even get a new spark plug wire. The info you gave us sure sounds logical and rather simple to apply. With that being said I wonder why it is so difficult for the US dealers to apply what you have givin us? I do remember the BMW engineer who went with me for a ride saying that the European software versions were completely different than the US versions with emissions and safety (yes he really said safety) and that the ecu software version numbers were different than the US versions. I now know this is not true as with alot of what he spewed.
Trust me when I say that I would love to sprint over to my dealer and give him the info you just gave us and have him tell me " come on down and we will have it fixed in a jiffy", but, I have a feeling I have a better chance of getting the same old story of ancient civilizations of southeast Asia.