04-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #117
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
I am not arguing, I am stating facts. Fill up your car with e85 and simply start it, within seconds you should throw a ses light with a system to lean code as the fuel trims go past +20.

Like I said you wouldnt comment on my boost a pump comment with the piggy back side making the ecu happy, or the injection time/overlap comment, but you continue to waste your time responding to something you and I both know and understand? why? lol

Either way, the result will bring more info to the community and thats what actually matters.
During our fuel system testing I purposely dropped fuel pressure gradually at idle until the car stalled. It was running leaner than the desired targets for over 10 seconds and no fuel mixture code. Just fuel pump codes. You can test this yourself to a degree by unplugging your EKP module and watching the system slowly lose pressure until the engine stalls. Then check the codes for yourself.

Similarly, when tuning the two 500+whp cars in Canada on the stock fuel system, we were running so far beyond the fuel system that AFR targets weren't reached for the last 4 seconds of the run @17-20psi of boost. No fuel mixture codes.

It's well understood that fuel mixture codes require an extended period of lean/rich run before they are triggered. If you actually filled your car up with e85 and triggered a fuel mixture code within seconds, I'm impressed. But please don't discount the result of actual testing done by others just to win an argument.

Shiv
Appreciate 0