View Single Post
      04-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #125
roninsoldier83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 128i 6MT / AP2 Honda S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno View Post
Probably not larger injectors, maybe just higher fuel pressure...its the injection window and the pressure of the squirt that matter at higher cyl pressures as stated previously..obviously if the injector can't support enough flow then yes, upsize it...keep in mind X5M and X6M use the same injectors and they push, when tuned, over 600whp (saw some dynos a while ago with some flash tunes)..so injectors aren't the issue, its the lpfp...i wonder why we can't just swap in an X5M LPFP
The X5M & X6M aren't really a relevant, as they're both running TT 4.4L V8's last I checked... meaning, they're running 2 extra fuel injectors, among other factors.

However, back in my Subaru days people used to modify their stock fuel pressure regulators on a regular basis (myself included), and typically when upping fuel pressure by ~10psi (on a system that was FPR limited around ~43psi + manifold pressure) used to see a significant reduction in IDC's running the same loads & AFR's, where a set of injectors that was rated at 650cc would flow the equivalent of around ~720cc or so. Granted, it's not a direct comparison, but the model should be the same: increase fuel pressure and the injectors should have more overhead.