View Single Post
      11-08-2018, 10:28 AM   #2488
RSL
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 (Retired) / 335is

Boost control solenoids. When you say you replaced all vacuum lines, I assume you replaced "all" of them, including on the BCS and WGs, that they're all on tight and also checked the vacuum canisters. Also make sure you check the plastic vac tubes over the valve cover that connect the vac lines.

PID is working on those last logs and you have boost because you didn't go into spool mode at the start of the pulls. The PID shut off causing your 30FF appears to be because PID is running 100% during spool mode (one of the weird PID things I noticed). I8A0S is a little different from MSD81 roms, but still pretty sure PID is limited to 57% in stock roms like all the others.

I'd hazard a guess the rom in the DME has been messed with and/or is really old. If you bought the flasher module and updated to the latest stock I8A0S bin with, it might correct the PID/30FF and you'd be working with a known stock bin.

EDIT: sorry, it does hit spool mode, but it's not in it as long, probably because you floor it later in the last logs and are in 2nd instead of 3rd. Either way, 30FF seems because PID is timing out during spool mode. It does look like it takes a while to get boost going.

I'd still check BCS before mucking with the WG rods. Just because the DME is commanding x% out of them doesn't mean that's what's actually coming out of the BCS if they're not working properly.

Last edited by RSL; 11-08-2018 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0