Perfection Is In The Details
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOYRIIDE1113 View Post
No offense guys, please do NOT take this the wrong way (although some of you will), but will buying a P-car, Ferrari or F1 car make you a better driver?

I think some of you over indulge a bit, and I know, its all in good fun, but i've been detailing a while, and I went through this same thing of having to buy everything. In the end, i used like 3 ounces per bottle of product and either gave it away or tossed it.

I can get spectacular results with a few basic OTC stuff and the rest is bought online, but only ebcause I've tried it and it works. I know, you gotta try it to know if it works, but a $1000 dollars in products is not gonna give you the same results as the "top" detailer.
I fail to see where in any of the posts anyone said because of their purchase in products, they will become a "top" detailer.

As a semi professional athlete (golf), I above most people know that it’s not the product but more importantly how you use it. I personally don’t understand when I see 6+ handicap golfers spending thousands on equipment, but who am I to judge them? Will it help them drop scores? Most likely not, but it can. I don’t tell people how to spend their money. If they think that it will help them score lower, then more power to them because all it can do is escalate their confidence. I personally use the same set of irons that I bought 5 years ago and my score keeps dropping and I keep winning money not due to the products but because of my skills. But when I see something new, try it out, and like it, I BUY IT! Same goes with detailing products. The only difference is I buy it in bulk due to it’s a product that when used, depletes hence the amount of the bill. Also 90% of the stuff I bought I have used before.