02-28-2021, 04:05 PM   #3
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturat View Post
Looking for help on a decision to make. I bought a near salvage 2008 335xi in Sept 20 with 170,000 so I had something to fill my time... I have been slowly working through a laundry list of issues. Things that made the car drive-able and safe. Yesterday I swapped out the plugs and coils in search of a slightly rough idle. No idea when they were done last but 2 and 5 were wet with gas and while test driving #2 injector went dead per BimmerLink. Car shook like crazy. Came back to life but seriously bad. Trying to rationalize 6 new injectors or swapping what is bad. 3 of the injectors are 13537565138-05. They might be original? The other 3 of which 2 are bad 1357585261-09. So do I replace all or just the 2 bad? The 3 older ones seem to have a strong charge per Bimmerlink. Better than the later -09. It just comes down to money and chasing good with bad. I still have so much more to do.

11/07 build sedan 335xi with Active BOV - replaced both rear bearings, transfer case, front propeller shelf, brakes, oil pan leak, Evap pump, fluid changes all around, plugs and coils and a whole lot more. Left fender and driver's door from a side swipe. Added leather sport seats bluetooth telematic and an LCI compass mirror. Still needs rear shocks TPMS Antenna and to trace down a 30FF which goes off only when I hammer it. No loss of boost power. Just that irritating yellow engine light.
I know it's expensive but I would do all 6. You want at least index 11 or greater. Those 9s will have issues sooner or later. Less headache (but more expensive) to just do all 6, have them coded and be done with it.
Don't forget to do a walnut blast too. Well help it run smoother.

30ff can be caused by a boost leak or vacuum leak.