View Single Post
      06-18-2021, 10:26 AM   #278
slugelise
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 325D / Lotus Elise S1

Hi, I have a UK spec E91 325D, with the base stereo professional radio system without NAV but with enhanced bluetooth and DAB

644 Prep. For. Mob. Ph. Bluet. Interf. Handy Vorb. Mit Bluetooth-schnitts.
654 Dab Tuner Dab Tuner
663 Radio Bmw Professional Radio Bmw Professional
694 Preparation For Cd Changer Cd-wechsler Vorbereitung
6FL Usb-/audio Interface Usb-audio-schnittstelle.

I understand from reading this thread I can recode the Head unit to output differential RCA to connect to a suitable amp. I happen to have a saab AS3 system from a 2005 9-5 aero, including a 200W harmon kardon amp and speakers that should be suitable.

I'm going to try to rig a wiring harness so I can try it out without actually installing everything in the car.

A couple of questions though

1) BMW says I cant have the alpine hifi kit in my car, because I have the 654 Dab tuner option. Anyone know why that might be and if it will prevent the saab amp working similarly.

2) in terms of cabling, amp in boot so I need to run a multicore with differential line level RCA FL/FR/RL/RR to the boot and then high level speaker outputs back to the dash and reuse the existing speaker wires. Subs will need wiring seperately from the boot, since they are powered from seperate outputs on the harmon kardon, not parallel from the front speakers. Is there a saner way of doing that?

Thanks and sorry for the thread resurrection
Appreciate 0