06-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #10
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieman78 View Post
The last few weeks I noticed a screeching sound coming from the rear. It sounds like metal on metal. Can't tell if its from the left or right tire side. The screeching ONLY happens when i am going 10-25 miles per hour Don't hear it at higher speeds. Also I noticed that in the morning when i leave for work there is no screetching. The car is cool then. Once I drive for a while and the car, brakes, wheels heat up then I can hear the screeching at the low speeds. Its not the brakes. No sound when i step on the brakes. Only when i am rolling or stepping on the gas.

I have the stock OEM 189 style wheels with spacers. 12mm in the back. I've had the spacers for a while and never had a problem with screeching before. A few weeks ago before this started I had a flat on the left rear. I have the run-flats. I went and got it patched up for $20 at the tire shop. Since then I noticed they put balancing weights on my left rear tire. Since the flat tire is when i've been noticing the screeching. Did they mess something up at thos shop?

I took the rear tires off and rechecked the spacers and re-torqued the wheels at 88lbs. sound is still there. What could this be. Drives me nuts. Every time i am in parking lot or slowing down at the red lights it screeches and it just doesn't look good to have a nice car like this making this noise.

Any suggestions??
Got the same thing a week ago. I'm driving on 19" wheels et30. Taking it to the dealer on Fri. Only happens at slower speeds after the car's warmed up a bit. Will let you know if they figure it out.
Appreciate 0