Thread: Octopus Energy
View Single Post
      03-15-2018, 11:21 AM   #3
nick46
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw E91 lci 330d msport

So much for switching energy companies being easy! As I feared this is turning out to be a bit of a ball ache.*
Got an email from Uswitch the other day saying there was something wrong with my application and that the switch couldn't be completed. So I phoned them up to see what the problem was. They weren't too sure but thought it might be to do with my gas and / or electric meters not matching what's on the national database or something, and that I was to contact my current supplier EON to check that everything was ok. So I did this and guess what - everything checks out as it should! Another call back to Uswitch to tell them everything's ok. They say "that's a bit odd, we'll have to get hold of the new supplier to see exactly what the problem is." To which I reply "don't they say what the problem is?" To which they reply "no". What' the fucking point of saying there's a problem if you're not going to say what it is?
So now I have to wait for Uswitch to contact the new supplier to find out what the problem is! And then wait to hear from them to see what needs to be done.
Oh yeah switching is easy and everyone should do it, I highly recommend it!*
And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't one of the main selling points of these switching companies is that you do the comparison, pick who you want to go with and then they do the rest - ie sort it all out with your current supplier so the switch goes smoothly? So why is it that I am having to do some of the donkey work and contact my energy supplier to find out what's wrong?
I have a funny feeling this is going to get worse before it gets better!
Rant over!
Appreciate 0