View Single Post
      06-14-2022, 10:31 PM   #45
Tomnavigator
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D, V-10 Touareg Diesel

lnxguy and E.Murray Thanks for your comments. I spent a year trying to find out what is causing my a/c issue. I can't stand it any longer and am giving up on finding out why. Now I just want the a/c to work. I have heard from a couple of people who have the same problem I have with the a/c not working for a few minutes after the car is started. Here is what we have in common
1) It only happens when the car is first started after sitting overnight or for a few days.
2) The air comes out of the air registers like the a/c is running but the air temp is hot.
3) It does not matter how many time you turn on or off the a/c it takes about 3 to 5 minutes for the a/c to start working.
4) It does not matter what temperature you select 65, 70, 75, etc. the a/c takes the same time to start working.
5) It does not matter if you start the car with the a/c turned off or with a/c turned on. The a/c still takes the same time to start working.
6) You can sit in your driveway for a couple of minutes or immediately drive off. The a/c starts working approximately 3 to 5 minutes after the car was started.
7) Putting the car on "MAX" a/c does not change anything. It still takes 3 to 5 minutes.

What I think is that it is something that BMW programmed into the car to cheat emissions testing or get improved fuel mileage rating when the car is tested by the government like Volkswagen did with diesel gate. Germany has announced that it found that BMW and Mercedes colluded with VW to cheat the emissions testing. I think, the computer program is supposed to sense when it is being tested and the a/c is turned off. Somehow our cars think the car is being tested and turns off the a/c to improve fuel mileage and/or emissions. After about 5 minutes the car decides the car is not being tested and allows the a/c to turn on. I guess I am suspicious. But, noone here has been able to help with this problem and there are several very knowledgable people on this forum such as BB_cuda, kbsilver, and 335dici to name a few that have not been able to come up with a cause/fix in the last year.
Appreciate 0