View Single Post
      06-21-2022, 07:06 PM   #58
Tomnavigator
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D, V-10 Touareg Diesel

Asonchadwick - For many months last year I thought the issue may be the battery. I read that BMW programs the DDE to turn off the a/c if the battery voltage is too low. It seemed logical that the battery voltage from the battery may be the culprit and the car would have to run for 3 to 5 minutes to charge the battery to some magical voltage before the computer would allow the a/c to come on. I now always keep my BMW on a trickle charger. As soon as I get out of the car, I connect the battery to the trickle charger and disconnect it just before starting it to use the BMW. I tried reregistering my battery, cleaned the battery terminals and connections. Nothing worked and I decided it probably was not the battery. But, I was not willing to go out and buy a battery to totally rule out the battery. I keep my cars (I have 7), both motorcycles, both tractors, and zero turn mower on trickle chargers all the time. My batteries typically last me from 8 to 10 years. I have now definitively ruled out my BMW battery. My tractor needed a new battery a couple of weeks ago. Instead of buying a battery for my tractor, I bought a new battery for my BMW. I put the brand new battery in my 335D and installed the old BMW battery in the tractor. I registered the new battery in the BMW and charged the battery for two days on the trickle charger to make sure it was fully charged before I drove the BMW. Nothing has changed. I Still have no a/c for the first 3 to 5 minutes. I have now ruled out the battery and think the issue is some programming in the DDE.
Appreciate 0