View Single Post
      05-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #663
imtimmy
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

Don't mean to hijack thread here but have a few ?'s regarding reliability for '07 335i. I previously had leased a '07 335i sedan and drove it for 2 years, loved it. I turned it in and now drive an Audi but have found a good deal on a '07 335i coupe near where I live. Having just gone through a hpfp, camshaft, follower problem with Audi and FINALLY having them cover it and fix it, I thought I would see what kind of problems if any the 335i's are having since I have not been in one for 2 years now. When I did have the car it had to go in for a blown cylinder caused by a malfunction of 1 or 2 of the injectors. After that the car was fine but I only drove it up to 38k miles. I have been reading bout the hpfp problem and recall here. Would like to know if there are any other known problems that I should be concerned about and look for as far as what has been serviced on for the car. The car I am interested in is a '07 335i with 52k miles, great condition but out of manufacturers warranty and for sale from an independent auto dealer, not bmw certified. Just don't want to get into a car I really would like to drive but then have big repair bills. The Audi is finally fixed and driving well but Those 335i's are fun as hell.
Appreciate 0