Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.34]
2016 Ram 1500 Sport  [8.00]
1994 BMW 525i  [10.00]
2007 BMW 530i  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo=[][]=oO View Post
Manny,
It was (is) my intention to create a thread for people to exchange build ideas, projects, problems and successes of converting your BMW to a race car.

I have taken thousands of pics during my ongoing build, and I hope to compile them into a logical format. Other than the complexities of the custom cage, we tried to do all of the work ourselves, so it is really a labour of love!

Built as a dedicated track car for 2014 season. BMW Performance Brembo Brake Kit, drilled and slotted rotors, SS lines, Performance Friction pads, BMW Performance short shifter, M race pedals, BMW Motorsport Performance suspension, shocks, struts, springs, bushings, front and rear sway bar, Carbon Fibre GTR race bonnet, Carbon Fibre CSL boot lid, Carbon Fibre front splitter, Carbon Fibre brake ducts, 55" Dual Plane rear wing, RAVEN Performance Chrome Alloy cage, MOMO 178 Alacantara steering wheel, Sparco Quik-release adapter, Sparco "Evo-2-Plus" race seats, Sparco 6 point harnesses, Simpson window nets and arm restraints, Ram Cold Air Intake, CSL rims, front 245-40, rear 265-35 R-18 Yokohama ADO8 R's, AIM Data logger, Go Pro.

I'm in the process of installing a full 3 stage 330i N-52 Dual Disa Valve intake manifold, with software, SS Race header, muffler and cat delete, resonator only.
BBS Race Wheels c/w centre lock with single hub conversion, Turner Caster Camber kit, and VR (Vivid Racing) N-52 flash tune.
Beautiful build . I see we have similar taste. My car started off for street, ended up turning show, and now I'm converting/prepping my car for a streetable track car for the 2014 track season (Auto X, Road Course,). Unless you have sponsors, it's impossible to have a balanced street/track/show car.

So far, I have a Cobb AP tuner, StopTech slotted rotors/performance pads/SS lines/fluid, Bilstein PSS coil overs, Evolution Racewerks charge pipe/intercooler w/custom shroud, SPEC stage 2+ clutch, aFe dual cone intake, Macht Schnell ceramic coated catless down pipes, Cusco front strut bar, Recaro Profi XL seats, BMW Performance short shift kit/spoiler, carbon fibre GTR race bonnet, HRE 840R 3 piece forged wheels, Michelin PSS tires, Go Pros, and I swap to the M Sport bumpers for the bigger ducts.

Here's a link to my build thread.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=909120

Plans before the 2014 Season
1. Getting a dedicated track setup. I'm aiming at Apex ARC8 and Hankook RS-3, just debating 17 or 18s. For the price I paid to get my HRE's refinished, I could have bought a setup with an extra set of rubber !

2. Will be deleting the fog lights for bigger ducts (for brakes and oil cooler).

3. Also looking into upgrading bushings and to Cobb's sway bars. Getting more roll than desired.

4. LSD

5. A pair of Schroth 4/6 point harness.

6. Been looking into roll bars and cages. From what I've read, the pillar/structure in our cars is strong and the money should go elsewhere. Could someone chime in on this?

Last edited by EJ_3; 12-06-2014 at 02:53 AM..
Appreciate 0