View Single Post
      08-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #14
Oo=[][]=oO
Tom SW Ont.
Canada
Rep
Drives: E24 635CSI, E90 328i, E92 335i

Manny,
I will post more info on the "bolt in" bar/cage, and I can tell you first hand the difference in handling is worth it. The rear base section straddles the strut tower stampings without impairing access to the shocks. It acts like a sub-frame stiffener and tower brace all in one. If you zoom in on the last pic taken of the trunk, you can see how neat the attachment is into the existing anchor points.

As for the rear end, I have been toiling with dropping in an M3 LSD, but it will attract performance improvement points and move me out of my Touring Class up to GT4. SO........I opted to replace the stock 323 ratio in the 328i MT6 coupe, for a 330i sedan, automatic trans, differential with 391 ratio. Turner Motorsport details this bolt on as " Changing the differential gearing is one of the best and most-effective upgrades you can make on any BMW " the 317 swap to 364 is also detailed on their site and costs less.

The diff change is also a good time to replace the transmission shift shaft seal, clutch and flywheel!

After "searching for gears" this season when the car is flexing and twisting, I've decided to add the solid engine and tranny mounts from UUC too.

TomB
Appreciate 0