View Single Post
      08-25-2014, 10:57 PM   #16
Oo=[][]=oO
Tom SW Ont.
Canada
Rep
Drives: E24 635CSI, E90 328i, E92 335i

3002tii,
The car came delivered with BMW Sports Package that lowered the standard ride height by 1-1/2" and was billed as Performance suspension for spirited driving!

I opted to replace the OEM Sports Suspension with the special order BMW Performance Sports Suspension Retrofit Kit 33 50 0 444 832
Special order from BMW Munich within 12 working days
100% GENUINE high quality certified products DIRECTLY from BMW
Ultra-stiff shock absorbers, suspension struts and anti-roll bars
BMW Performance chassis 2 year Manufacturer Warranty

The write up on Amazon for the
"The ultra-stiff shock absorbers, suspension struts and anti-roll bars are all designed to deliver a pure sports-car ride, with a set-up that has been fine-tuned over countless hours of high-intensity race testing. The result is a level of responsiveness that will enthral all who experience it, on straights and on corners alike."

I can tell you the suspension is "ultra hard" as my poor old back and testicles can attest. Also, by reducing so much vehicle weight, it has the effect of becoming even stiffer as there is less preload on the springs in a static state.

As for the brakes, I'm not sure what you are referring to about OEM calipers not handling heat as much as a BBK? I know that......I replaced the entire brake system, front, rear, master cylinder, flex hoses, fittings and lines.

The stock, solid, non drilled front rotors were 300mm x 24mm.
The BMW Performance rotors are fully floating, ventilated, cross drilled and slotted and are 340mm x 26mm, offering quite an upgrade to stock rotors.

The calipers are massive 6 pot Brembo units which have almost 80% more contact area than OEM, and the racing backing plates feature forced airflow cooling. All in all, I'm thrilled with the brakes and how responsive they are, fade resistant and very easy to modulate (even when heel and towing. The BMW aluminium race pedals really contribute to the brake feel and feedback.
Thx TomB
Attached Images

Appreciate 0