Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Are you hiring?

I notice I'm actually becoming like my father. He is very passionate about his job, and it leads to frustration with the system and lots of stress over things that are out of his control. I've watched him get migraines so bad that he ended up in the hospital from blacking out.

I think my good work ethic and caring about what happens is also my downfall. I've been with my current company three years, and I came in wanting to work hard, learn all I can, and make a good impression. The bad part is that now all the extra stuff I do has become expected. About a month ago I hurt my back and was couch bound for 3 days. My boss told me to take sick time so I could recover, yet my phone didn't stop ringing for each of those 3 days.

I also run a business on the side, so when I'm not working I'm pretty much still working.

Same here. I am very anal about everything going perfectly, and get emotionally invested very quickly when it comes to work. The problem with where I work is that the Laws of Physics don't apply...or "Murphy" lives here permanently.

So my day is constantly consumed by "putting out fires", but having to find a million different ways of doing it depending on the circumstances.

All the while it seems that everyone else who is on the same level of management that I am is basically here to get in their time and leave as quickly as possible.