View Single Post
      09-23-2019, 12:13 PM   #40
schriss
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330e Plugin Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronblack View Post
I've got 30E9 also! My daily commute is 25 miles each way from London if that helps so I would say mix driving! And I get 28mpg. On a run to Manchester at night so no traffics I managed 29/ 30!

Again I've heard NOxEM delays cat regen etc over the standard OEM system and hence they claim upto 15% better economy than a standard fully working nox system!
According to Bimmerpfofs that 30E9 code is one of those that disables stratified charge mode only allowing car to run in emergency mode.
Did you check your NOX sensor using INPA? Some useful details shown there. According to Bimmerprofs, sometimes 30E9 does not actually mean cat is aging, but NOX sensor not functioning properly makes the car think that.
In my case INPA shows NOX sensor Offset out of range meaning it is clogged (again, according to Bimmerprofs, if we can trust them). Value No3 in Nox screenshot here: https://bimmerprofs.com/problems-per...ck-nox-sensor/
It says somewhere that emergency mode, fuel consumption goes up A LOT.

EDIT: Found it
"If the error message memory of N43/N53 series engines contains error messages regarding NOx sensor and/or NOx catalytic converter (30EA; 30E9) or – the NOx sensors have hidden defects, due to which the engine doesn’t use Stratified charge, average fuel consumption (depending on driving mode) will be increased to 15 .. 25% (higher increase – in low load modes)."