View Single Post
      12-04-2020, 04:18 PM   #3
x77md
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: golf tsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapperss View Post
It`s basically insurance so they will try and wangle out of paying anything they can.

Read YOUR policy carefully and kick up a stink if you feel they are not being fair! Make sure they quote the policy segments/clauses/definitions when declining your claim.

Side note - If you consider the rocker cover gasket to not be covered then why are the turbos? Both are expected to fail after time, so, isn't that what the warranty is for?

p.s. I would expect wear and tear items to be listed under definitions in your policy.
Yes, definitely. The whole reason I went with the warranty was simply for the peace of mind.

I've been through the warranty policy and couldn't find anything explicitly stating bolts under wear and tear but in all honesty the policy is very badly put together in a poor format so I will have to read very carefully again.

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely have them quote any parts of the policy which their basing the refusal upon. I honestly thought the turbos would be more of a headache simply due to the cost of replacing them and one could assume that insurers hate paying out.

Touching on your last point, I would have expected the turbos on a 335i to be built to last the lifetime of the vehicle as would be the case from any manufacturer. The fact that they were poorly designed would fall back on the manufacturer. With regards to the rocker cover, I guess I could argue the same. Rubber near a hot engine makes for brittle gaskets. The catalytic converter bolt being gradually destroyed by the elements... I can't imagine that being part of usual wear & tear but let's see.

I'll have to sift through the policy to see if I can find anything to support my claim. Thanks for your response!
Appreciate 0